Davidson family return

Following on from http://davidson-usa.blogspot.com - these are the continued ramblings of the Davidson family.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

First mission in UK done

After a week and a half of waiting, I've finally had my first mission in the UK - hooray!
I've been scheduled for flights, but the weather has been pretty miserable, with either low cloud, high winds, or freezing fog - meaning flights for myself and Toddy have been binned. One of the sim missions was also cancelled due to a blown projector bulb, but today everything fell into place, and we both had an hour and a half in the sim.
Needless to say, after having not flown for 6 weeks, and not done much in the way of advanced instrument work for 8 weeks, we were both a little rusty, but we muddled through ok.
Tomorrow we are scheduled for another mission in the sim, and that should be it for 2006. Hopefully in 2007 we'll get stuck into it, and get some proper flying done.
For now, here's a nice sketch that takes me back to my CPL skills test...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home